I didn’t get so much done…

I managed to spill coffee on the edge of the fabric – not the stitching thank goodness, just the fabric, so it spent the day being washed and drying. It was rainy so it took quite a while to dry. I managed to get part of her fin done though…

waiting for ships,mirabilia

waiting for ships,mirabilia

While it was drying I did a little Cirque des Carreaux
cirque des carreaux

And worked on dyeing a little more – trialed another combo for a friend- so here are the two
experiments in dyeing

Advertisements

2 Comments

  1. Hev said,

    March 28, 2010 at 6:30 pm

    Ooh, I like your dying. What are you using as dye? As normal your stitching is beautiful.

    I got my Mirabilia’s in. Geesh, you didn’t tell me the charts are huge. I thought you meant the designs were huge when stitched, lol. I am trying to figure out how to get them scanned, lol. I never ever stitch off of my original charts. Plus if they are scanned into my computer then I don’t have to worry about accidentally losing them, lol.

    • aflyingneedle said,

      March 28, 2010 at 9:00 pm

      Hi,

      Yes the patterns are a pain to scan or photocopy, and you have to fold them in weird directions, but it is possible 😀

      I have been using Procion type dyes. They are what is recommended for dyeing cross stitch fabric 😀

      As always, if there are any fabric you want dyed, let me know. I am doing cost price plus postage at present.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: